Subject: New Documentation
From: Acid Software <[email-masked]>
To: blitz list <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 1994 14:26:05 +1200 (NZST)

Can everyone please reply to this by email, it's important...

Acid Software have nearly sold all of their current stock which was a 
print run of 2500 English reference manuals, use guides and boxes.

I would like to release a new version of Blitz2 which would be based 
around an A4 ringbinder. 

negative aspects to this approach:

piracy: unclip ringbinder and dump manual in photocopier and hit copy...
weight: probably weigh over 2kg, current box is about 1.5
cost: a little more expensive unless I can source binders in Asia

positive aspects:

expandable: as libraries are added and updated so can your manual
tidy: have everything in one place at one time (no bums everywhere)

OK, Acid now have to decide weather to invest time and money reorganising 
the docs and tutorials in a more managable way and spend a shitload of 
money on printing (which we don't have cos 2 distributors in UK owe us 
most of this years SkidMarks earnings) or...

Turn Blitz2 into a PD product, publish all docs electronically and save a 
shit load of trees and other of our planet's resources. We could try and 
publish non PD but I think the piracy issue would be completely stupid in 
this case.

The other thing Acid needs to take into consideration is the importance 
of publishing stuff developed by Blitz Users, offering the best service 
in this department and taking the financial resources out of Blitz stock 
might also be a viable argument.

OK voting time:

keep publishing bums, leave new docs until blitz3 which should have 
linker and modern '90's editor instead of 'baby' ted, use money to employ 
programmers to get blitz3 out early 94

republish docs in ringbinder so Blitz2 is on the shelves for XMas and 
upgrade current users using profit for the above

put Blitz2 into pd, publish all docs on disk, support users by publishing 
their software and concentrate on supporting Amiga by py publishing lots 
of choice software

Anyway, apologies for thinking aloud, feedback from you users would be 
appreciated,

Simon